Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Last Official Blog as City Engineer

Beginning May 4th, I will officially be removed from my position as city engineer/director of public works for the city by the new mayor Jeff Grove. So I thought I would post at least one more time to say thank you to everyone for the opportunity to serve them and for allowing me the chance to try to help make LaSalle a great place to live.

Looking back, I have been amazed that we were able to do so much with so little money and staff. With the increasing regulations and requirements and reduced revenues, keeping the city well maintained while trying to grow and plan for a future has been a challenging task. I feel bad that the people obviously were not happy with the work that we have tried to accomplish over the last four years.

However, I appreciate everyone who, during my time with the city, worked with me and believed in our town. Over the next month I will be busy closing out my office at city hall and looking for new employment so I will be unavailable to help with any questions or issues related to the city. During this time, please contact Mike Furlan at 815-228-6102, Cindy Arbisi at 815-223-6344 or the mayor to be, Jeff Grove, at 815-224-8660 or 815-830-4606.

4 comments:

Tom K said...

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving, Pam. Sometimes it's simply not enough to be really good at what you do. And remember that times of change also are times of opportunity (although sometimes deeply hidden). Thanks for your service to the city and the public works community.

pbroviak said...

Thanks Tom for your kind words and support. Yes, I can leave knowing we have done the best we could do with the time, money, and opportunities that we had. And if that wasn't enough then hopefully someone else can do a better job. I do look at it as an opportunity for myself and will try to continue contributing to the public works community.

Pam Broviak said...

I also want to clarify that as I said I am being removed - NOT quitting. My position is appointed by the mayor, and the new mayor's campaign manager has made comments to an aldermen that confirmed my belief that I will not be reappointed.

pbroviak said...

I also want to clarify that as I said I am being removed - NOT quitting. My position is appointed by the mayor, and the new mayor's campaign manager has made comments to an aldermen that confirmed my belief that I will not be reappointed.